Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Beginning of Something Insignificant

I used to write a lot, not that any of it was ever publishable. Rather writing was my release. A long day or a hard trial would be greatly eased by writing down my thoughts in a journal or simply categorizing and fiddling with an idea I had earlier that day. In fact, some of my most intense spiritual moments came while writing down lengthy prayers to God. I loved the process dearly.

But somewhere along the line I stopped. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe I got busy. Maybe I didn't have anything to say. Maybe I got tired of hearing myself talk. In the end, I think it happened because I stopped thinking I had things worth saying, that I had nothing to contribute. So the journals laid fallow and Evernote was unsown save for class notes.

But here I am now, with a blog and posting something. I'm not sure I'm starting again because I actually have things to say at the moment. Rather I think I'm starting again because I will have things to say eventually and if I do not busy myself with writing now I will not have the experience to present those ideas when they come along. So here it is. A blog of no particular significance save any experience it gives me for the future. I do not expect it to contain much to concern the very great nor the very wise though I will aspire to one goal as I write, to have my opinions come ashore somewhere near perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment